Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gucci




The design house known for being overtly sexy toned it down a notch by giving us a dark glamor-themed collection that was still whimsical and romantic. It seemed to celebrate the inner sexiness of a woman instead. With a color scheme of dark rich colors of plum, midnight green, and jet black and a collection of sheer dresses and evening gowns there was a further sense of hard-edge sexiness.  But it was that lush velvet that was incorporated into the majority of the look that was the real wow factor (well that and those last six dresses of the collection). The opening look, which is shown to the far left epitomized Frida Giannini's Fall Collection. The plushness of the full-length skirt with the masculinity of the over-sized military jacket just encapsulated the sexy confidence of the entire collection. And although the fashion reviews state that Giannini stayed away from Gucci's 1990s overt sex appeal, I think there is still an ode to the 1990s in that velvet full-length skirt. I can count on both my hands how many of velvet skirts I had in my closet. It seems that now, fifteen years later, the difference is that I want to wear a velvet skirt. 

On a side note: the make up was also phenomenal. Plum-stained lips and pale skin have me embracing my tan-less body in the dead of winter. And those circular sunglasses that the first model wore down the runway are officially on my wishlist for summer shades that I must own. 

And the shoes of look two are just what my closet use for next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment